Question by Constanza: How to Substitute Fresh Pumpkin Puree for Canned in Vegan Recipe?
Hi, I’m cooking a vegan pumpkin cake for a friend’s birthday and I found these lovely sugar pumpkins at the grocery so I picked them up. I know how to make a pumpkin puree but most recipes call for canned and I am not sure how to substitute one for the other? Also, I don’t think I’ve ever tasted canned pumpkin puree so I am not sure if it is seasoned at all.. is it?
Answer by ♥Kitty143Cat♥
Just check the label: no salt, no sugar, no flavorings or preservatives. It’s just 100% Pure Pumpkin. Pumpkin Pie Mix contains pure pumpkin and a blend of traditional spices and sugar.
What do you think? Answer below!
Incoming search terms:
- how to substitute fresh pumpkin for canned
- fresh punpkin replace canned in recipes
- substitutes for pumpkin in recipe
You might also like:
- Can you use fresh pumpkin in a recipe like canned pumpkin? How do you cook it?
- Can you substitute pumpkin puree for applesauce in muffin recipe?
- How do I use fresh pumpkin in a recipe that calls for canned?
- Can I substitute applesauce for canned pumpkin in a recipe?
- Could I substitute apple sauce for the canned pumpkin in a pumpkin bars recipe?