Can I use plain yogurt or applesauce in place of the eggs in recipes?
Question by missie: Can I use plain yogurt or applesauce in place of the eggs in recipes?
Like in brownie or cake recipes? And how much applesauce or yogurt to replace each egg?
Answer by Brittany P
No. Eggs act as a binder and a leavener and yogurt and applesauce will do neither. They are used to replace some or all of the fat (like oil or butter) in baking recipes.
What do you think? Answer below!
You might also like:
- Q&A: If a recipe for pumpkin bread calls for 4 eggs and 1/2 cup oil, how much applesauce should I use to substitute
- Can I use EggBeaters egg whites in place of 2 eggs when baking a pumpkin pie & also for banana bread recipes?
- Can you substitute pumpkin puree for applesauce in muffin recipe?
- Can I substitute applesauce for canned pumpkin in a recipe?
- Yogurt + Pumpkin + Cinnamon